Monday, November 5, 2007

New News is Good News

We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog to bring you some GOOD news.

The blog gods have shined down on Blue-Eyed Super Strabismus Girl. An angel and compadre stumbled across her blog and passed it on to someone of influence and extensive experience. When we asked Blue-Eyed Girl how this made her feel, she had this to say:

I've been so surprised all along at the response I've gotten to this blog. I've had lots of people share their own fears, struggles and triumphs with me. People don't understand how deep the effects of this condition go. And yesterday? When I got this amazing email from someone who wanted to help? Yeah. That was really inspiring.

Blue-Eyed Girl wouldn't reveal who the two helpers are, but we can all be reminded that goodness still abounds in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you had an appointment with a Behavioral Optometrist who has the certification F.C.O.V.D ?(Fellow College of Visual Development)

This kind of vision evaluation may cost you a few hundred dollars, but it is imperative that you do it. This kind of optometrist will be able to give you good/solid advice about your idea for surgery.

If a F.C.O.V.D Optometrist recommends the surgery --- then you should feel more confident about it.

Because I am biased, I suggest that you take a step into the unkown and consider using vision therapy to improve and straighten your eyes.

It will be a long process, but the sooner you begin the therapy the sooner you will understand how to use your eyes together as a team.
I know you can do it. It is hard work, but you will learn so much about yourself and meet so many interesting people.

Keep me posted.